I’ve made this dinner a couple of times since first trying it at a family reunion. I absolutely love this recipe because it’s a quick and easy rendition of your classic shepherds pie. Really, eliminating the mashed potatoes by adding tater tots can shave a good 30 minutes of the recipe time. So here it is:
Tater Tot Shepherds Pie
Serving Size: 6 servings Cooking Time: 55 min
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
10 1/2 oz can cream of mushroom or celery soup
1 can green beans
1 can corn
1 cup peas
1 cup cheddar cheddar cheese, shredded.
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven at 350.
- Brown beef over medium heat and add in onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in soup, corn, peas, and green beans. Mix well.
- Pour the meat and vegetable mixture into a casserole dish
- Top with 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Arrange tater tots (frozen) to your liking over the meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the tater tots.